Goimagine is a marketplace offering a venue for artisans to promote and sell their handmade goods. Goimagine uses an application process to add new artisans to the marketplace to ensure customers are able to buy with confidence.
The following terms encompass the requirements for being a Goimagine seller. Goimagine reserves the right to remove selling privileges at any point and at its sole discretion. We also reserve the right to update these terms.
What does Handmade mean?
Items fashioned through the creative process to be distinctly different in form or function from the pieces or supplies used to make them. The seller should play an integral role in the production of the product. Handmade may include physical as well as virtual products created by hand (such as photography or digital graphics). The products should not be produced in bulk/mass quantities.
All products listed on Goimagine must adhere to the below requirements:
- Products must be designed and produced by the seller, or a small group of family members, or employees.
- Products must not be mass produced; this means products cannot be produced in large quantities by an automated mechanical process. Outsourcing of production is prohibited.
- We permit use of hand tools and light machinery; machinery should be used by the seller in their home studio or workspace.
- We strongly encourage the seller to do their own printing; however, we also realize some products, like prints of artwork, or stationery types of products, may need an outside printer due to the cost of the machinery. We will consider this option as long as the seller is creating the designs and completing the final steps in the production process including shipping the product.
- We will allow sellers to hand alter pre-made items; for example, we will allow the seller to apply their own designs to blank t-shirts or mugs.
When selling products for sale on Goimagine the seller must comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
Is Dropshipping Allowed?
No. We currently do not allow dropshipping. Our rule is artists in certain circumstances are allowed to make prints of their original work by using local printers, but the artist needs to be the one to physically ship the product. This ensures the artist is involved in the entire process from the creation of the item all the way through delivery of the product.
Use of images and language
In general we want to strive to make Goimagine a "family friendly" marketplace. Although, we understand some makers sell items that are adult-themed.
To set a standard we request makers only post products that are "PG-13". Meaning, language such as 'hell', 'damn', 'sh*t' and 'b*tch' may be acceptable, but the F-word or C-word would not be. In terms of imagery, nudity is not allowed on the site unless it's OOAK artwork done in a tasteful manner.
We ask that everyone use their best judgement and if you have a question on a product please ask.
The seller represent that they have all necessary rights to list and sell each product that they offer on Goimagine, including all intellectual property rights.
We respect the intellectual property rights of the artisans who sell on Goimagine. The goal of Goimagine is to provide customers with an opportunity to buy unique products directly from the artisans who make them. We do not take the view that your seller agreement gives us the right to reproduce your products. The rights you grant us allow us to promote your products across multiple channels and help you grow your business on Goimagine.
For more information on this please review: https://goimagine.com/copyrigh...
Can food be sold on goimagine?
Food is not allowed to be sold on goimagine except for a few certain circumstances. The only food items allowed on goimagine are as follows:
- Non-perishable spices, herbs and tea.
- Pre-packaged and manufactured food items that are part of a handmade gift box or item. For instance, Hershey Kisses placed inside a handmade valentine's basket.
Goimagine takes no responsibility for any food items sold on our platform and reserves the right to remove them. Laws regarding the sale of food and other edible items vary from place to place, so please consult an attorney or qualified legal expert to ensure you are meeting all state and federal legal requirements.
The seller agrees that by creating a store and listing products on Goimagine that any information about you or your products (including images of you or your products) can be shareable by Goimagine through websites, mobile applications, and other online points of presence.